Environmental Management Policy
“We recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations and to help secure the long term sustainability of the Tourism Industry”
To this end we Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel are committed to taking the following actions;
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation.
- To produce an annual Environmental Plan setting our Objectives, Targets and planned Actions.
- To comply fully with relevant legislation.
- To minimise our waste and reduce our water consumption where possible.
- To Reduce, Reuse and Recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical.
- To invite our customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment.
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives.
- To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties.
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets.
In order to reach the objectives above, we have implemented the practices in environmental excellence below:
Energy and Water Conservation
- Energy efficient lighting in 70% of Hotel
- Master switch in guest rooms
- Green-room program (guest linen & towel reuse program)
- Energy management system
- PC power management (screen savers, standby mode, etc)
- Low flush toilets
- Low flow showerheads
- Faucet aerators
- High efficiency boilers
- Close-down of guest floors during low-occupancy months
- Energy efficient/water saving appliances such as chillers, washing machines, dishwashers, etc
Waste Minimization and Environmentally Responsible Purchasing
- Recycling of approximately 69% of total waste produced
- Recycling options in guest rooms and meeting rooms
- Donation of linens, towels, guestroom amenities, miscellaneous supplies, furniture, equipment to local non-profit organizations.
- Re-use of delivery boxes
- Green office supplies
- Bulk purchasing
- Minimization of supply deliveries to reduce carbon emissions associated with deliveries
- Menus based on seasonal availability of local organic food, cocktails, beers and wines
Enhanced Indoor Environmental Quality
- Eco-friendly and chemical-free cleaning products
- Live plants in public areas to improve air quality
Raising Awareness through Engagement
- Greening Committee in the hotel
- Recycling training
- Support of green networking groups by providing complimentary meeting space for event and meetings